|Campaign Battle Points||8|
|Volume in m³||400|
|Spawn Chance||10% in All Designs, 20% in CF, 30% in SwFJE, 20% in BG, 20% in BaF|
|Top Speed in m/s||129|
|Armament||4x Medium Torpedos|
8x Small Missiles
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Lynx is an ASW torpedo bomber being developed for the Steel Striders Navy. As its "XB" designation suggests, it is currently in the experimental stage of development, but may soon enter service.
Armed with a quartette of torpedoes, and dropping sonobouys with regular intervals, the Lynx poses a credible threat to submarines and surface vessels, and carries a small number of air-to-air missiles for self-defence.
Specifications (v.32)[edit | edit source]
General characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Length: 30m
- Wingspan: 23m
- Height: 8m
- Mass: 295t
- Weight: 11'094kg (Neter standard gravity)
- Powerplant: 1x GT-5L monopropellant (non-airbreathing) gas turbine, 27'394 kgf thrust.
Performance[edit | edit source]
- Top speed: 124m/s
- Range: 35km
- Endurance: 1hr 10min
- Service ceiling: 200m
- Thrust/weight: 2,47
Armament[edit | edit source]
- Guns: None
- Hardpoints: 6, with provisions for:
- Missiles: 8x S2-IR anti-air missiles. 4 per hardpoint.
- Torpedoes: 4x M5-TS ASW torpedoes (ballasted to neutral bouyancy)
Trivia[edit | edit source]